November 24, 2006

Smyth

OH NO! I might be the last person to hear about this, but click on "Smyth" above (sorry, still haven't got linking down). I can't recall Ryan talking like this before - not even remotely close to this.

I can actually see Smyth's point here. Why is he the last core guy to get an extension? If anyone "deserves" a big thank you contract, it's the guy that has lived and breathed Oilers since his draft day. I would argue there has never been a better Oiler (I'm not talking just talent).

Get it done Lowe!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No doubt - we have to keep Smyttie! Who else will take a stick/puck/fist to the face, get stitched up, and then proceed to score from 0-3 ft away from the net?

I guess we're about to see if the "new NHL" works and the Oilers can actually keep one of their best players.