January 25, 2007

Hey Now, You're an All Star

"Hey now, you're an All Star, get your game on, go play!"

A few thoughts from the All Star festivities we just endured:

-Am I the only guy who wants to OJ the head off of the next reporter who refers to the all star events as "festivities?" It's almost become as annoying as "there's 10 games 'on tap' in the NHL tonight."

-I could care less about the result of the game, but I'm watching so I kind of cheer for the West. That is, until Kipper is in, then I couldn't have been happier to see the puck go in their net.

-It was good to see Smyttie out there. Unfortunately, not even his presence could keep me from falling asleep with a few minutes left in the 2nd. I woke up to find the game was over and my wife had American Idol on. Should it be a concern to anyone that I, as a hockey fan, was able to stay awake for Idol, but the all star festivities put me to sleep?

-Festivities, festivities, festivities!

-On tap for tomorrow, my thoughts about the Sharks/Oilers game that I think I'm going to.

"The ice we skate is getting pretty thin; the waters gettin' warm so we might as well swim."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

- I didn't watch much of it so I (sadly) missed the festivities and the comments regarding festivities.

- You got that right. I hate Kipper so much! Could he at least smile/frown/convince me he's not a robot just once!?!?!?

- Hope to see you tonight at the festivities!

P.S. There are 11 games "on tap" tonight in case you were wondering. The only thing I need to know is on tap is the beer.

P.P.S Hopefully a play will be "broken up neatly" and someone will give a "great feed" in the game tonight. (Those are 2 of our top groaners that we wish announcers would stay away from for a while...)

Anonymous said...

You guys are right, all Kipper does is stop pucks, win games and win awards. How does my McLennan for Oldie trade sound now? Even the most committed Oil fan is now realizing that their goaltending is a major weakness. Oh, and also, the Flames are still outscoring the Oil, so don't bother with the "Trapginlasoffs" comments. Have you guys noticed that the Flames have gone 7-3 with Iginla out and that during that stretch they had their highest scoring game of the season?

P.S. Nice effort AT HOME against the Sharks. The drive home must have seemed longer for anyone who went to that embarrassment.